28.1.12

Blogging 102

Dear geniuses at Blogger HQ,

Why do you torment me so? 

All I wanted was a blank page upon which I could scribble my mindless ramblings, with a little thingi on the side where I could stick a song or two, and another little thingi at the bottom where my people could tell me what they think.  That’s it.  I’m not asking for the solution to world peace or water for all by 2000, I just want to tell my story.  Why can’t you just bugger off and let me do what I do?

Now I realise that you are probably paid to tinker, you have performance targets to meet, your bosses expect you to kick wordpress’s ass every day.  Fair enough, but I don’t think frustrating me is the best way to do it, then again I’m somewhat biased aren’t I?  Listen, all you need to do is this, nothing.  Don’t change the comments set up, it’s fine, we’ll work around it.  Don’t mess with the widgets, they’re fine, we only need one or two anyway.  Don’t fuck with the templates, they’re ok just the way they are. If you really want something to do with your time, how about figuring out how to block those bloody Russian spammers?

Despite the tone of this letter, I assure you that I am not a pain in the ass customer.  I’m usually a very happy camper, and hopefully once you bugger off I will continue to be.  So please, bugger off.

Yours,

Alex

PS. Any chance you could fix the clock on the comments?  Thing is, it looks like I commented on posts I hadn’t written yet…