31.7.13

This one is the last one.

Don’t worry, I'm not going to waste your time whining about the 2.5B celebrations, there is no point.  We all agree this is a stupid idea, yes?  Frankly, anyone not offended by this idea is most likely on the mendacity gravy train, and therefore unlikely to be swayed by my clear thinking and sound arguments.  I could ask questions about our most genius government's need to spend 200M on... I'm not sure what its for, to be honest, you tell me.  “On the proposal to spend on 50th Anniversary Publication Popular Edition, the meeting recommended that the copies be enhanced from Sh60,000 to Sh100,000. It was therefore recommended that the budget be raised from Sh120 million to Sh200 million.”  Do you have any idea what that's all about?  All I know is at 100k per, that makes 2000 pieces, of something popular, allegedly.  Say it with me...bollocks!

Enough!

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm done ranting.  Here.  No, I'm not done being angry, at the rate this gova is going, I'll be angry well into the next decade.  Thing is, I'm thinking its time to get a bit more focused in my anger, and by that I mean more random.  Not content with being an insignificant little bugger in my corner of the internet, I shall now go forth and find another insignificant corner of the internet, one where I can let my ranting mind roam free, without having to worry about sating you with tales of my love life gone wrong to keep you hooked.  To this end, I'm taking this show on the road.  Dunia wiki hii, the category, is off to... drums please... Dunia Wiki Hii, the blog.  I know, its very creatively named this new blog.  Folks, if, like me, you like to scour the web for all things random yet news worthy, then please, join me.  I can't promise it will be anywhere as engaging as this house I've built (I mock myself, of course), but I can promise you it will be informative, and maybe even thought provoking, even if the thought is simply, 'What the...?'

And just so you know, I'm not completely delusional in my belief that others share my fondness for rants and whatnot, I realise most of us would rather just get on with the business of living.  But life is not that simple, and I remain convinced that the odd conversation about what ails us is much needed, even when said conversation is an unrestrained (if mildly educated) outpouring of anger, pure, unadulterated anger.  Humour too, but anger mostly, at least from me.  I'm not alone in this, you see, I'm hoping to rope in a couple of like minded individuals, people with a fondness for random news, or people who like to rant at the powers that be (be stupid more like, but lets not split hairs), or news junkies who like to read those little news bites on the side of the page...basically anyone who has a passing interest in, well, anything really.  If you feel like joining our merry band of, umm, two currently (but we're looking to hit three by year's end), you are most welcome, provided you are well acquainted with spell check (just saying...).  Woolie of the sheep fame has kindly tagged along for the ride, he's the resident expert expat, because we are nothing if not international, no?  Perhaps not.

Thank you for indulging me in this my little pet obsession for the past year and a half, my lovelies.  Here's hoping I see you on the other side.

Stop frowning, I'm not going anywhere. I'll still be here every week (or so), going on and on about everything but siasa.  Speaking of which, I'm off to the sewer...